Monday, December 30, 2013

Makeup Mondays



                Clearing up your Thoughts on Concealers 



Hello, and welcome back to my blog, I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Today for makeup Monday I will be discussing different types of concealers, and how you can tell which shade is right for you just like I did with the foundation.


 Finding your right concealer can be kind of tricky considering that they are usually or preferably   lighter than your original skin tone. If you are unsure about your skin tone, feel free to go checkout a post I did a little earlier in the month discussing how to find your right foundation shade and then come back to this post. Trust me it will help when it comes time to pick your concealer. The link to that post will be HERE!!!


Alrighty then, Let's get down to business,


 Concealers can be used for multiple purposes, unfortunately  some people believe that concealers hide who you actually are.  Like say if I had a birthmark on my face, I could probably cover it with the right concealer and no one would ever know. To that I say it's totally up to you.

Sometimes people are quick to judge because of someone's situations, and they don't even know the deal. Feel free to not be judged here, If you want to do something do it. Life is  to short to care about what someone else thinks. Especially about something on YOUR body.

With that being said Concealers have different uses which can sometimes but not always include....

Covering scarsCovering Dark under eye circlesCovering dark-spotsHighlighting your faceSetting your eyebrowsCleaning up your eye looksMovie purposes


Now that you know  some of the different uses it will be easier to figure out what you want to use your concealer for, making it easier to figure out what type or brand you are going to use. Personally i'm not a brand junkie. I don't have to have a MAC concealer to live,I actually prefer drugstore brands which include Loreal, Maybelline, L.A. Colors etc. To me they work just as well or maybe even better than the higher end brands.



How to choose the right concealer shade for YOUR skin tone,


Here's all you need to know. you take your original skin tone, and your gonna wanna get a shade at least one or two shades lighter than your natural skin.

Why?


Well you want it to be lighter than you are because you want it to actually lighten your dark-spots, or highlight your face , or  conceal a mark or something, and the best way to do that is to have a lighter color. This is because of color contrast. If you are one color, and you use that same color to cover something, odds are it won't work, you need to create  a contrast between what you are trying to hide and what you are trying to keep, and this is where bronzer, and Contouring your face come in. which we will start to discuss next Monday..



 I hope this blog post was helpful for you, My goal is to help you find your perfect foundation routine, and by the end of this series, you will be able to Buy what's right for you, and blend it correctly.

 As always Thanks so much for reading my blog today, and remember to
 Stay True to your OWN fashion XOXO